Before I reveal secrets to effective PTE listening, I must emphasize the fact that cracking a test starts with a self-belief and a positive mindset. For a non-native, perceiving accent of a native speaker might be perplexing and sometimes beyond comprehension also.
- In succeeding paragraphs, I will share few techniques to assist you in better preparation for PTE Listening Test and enhance your grading:-
(a) REPETITIVE LISTENING Appearing for PTE begins with a preparatory phase which needs constant practice. Way to effective listening is paved by these applications:-
- LISTEN TO SPEAKER, REPEAT BY SPEAKING LOUD OR RECORDING AND RE-LISTENING.
- APPRECIATE DIFFERENCES.
- LISTEN TO TOPICS THAT INTEREST YOU.
- INCREASE YOUR VOCABULARY BY READING.
- DELIBERATELY PRACTICE NEW WORDS IN EVERYDAY CONVERSATIONS WITH FRIENDS, AT WORK OR IN THE CLASS.
(b) COMPREHEND IDEAS Every narration is based on a topic or idea and the events within the narration are interconnected:-
- IT IS IMPORTANT TO KEEP TRACK OF THE MAIN CONVERSATION.
- DON’T GET DEVIATED BY FOCUSING MORE ON FINER DETAILS AS THESE CAN BE FILLED LATER.
(c) ANTICIPATION TECHNIQUE Once you start listening to the topic you will get a basic idea about the topic. From your practice study or life experiences, you can anticipate the further course of narration and familiar words which could be used in the context.
- TRY AND UNDERSTAND THE TOPIC SO THAT YOU ARE ABLE TO IDENTIFY FAMILIAR WORDS WHICH MIGHT BE USED IN THE NARRATION, HENCE SIMPLIFYING THE “LISTENING PROCEDURE” AND be IMPROVING YOUR GRADES USING “ANTICIPATION TECHNIQUE”.
(d) ANNOTATION Every topic being narrated has important idea /sentences/words.
- LISTEN TO WORDS OR SYLLABLES BEING ANNOTATED OR STRESSED AS THEY DENOTE IMPORTANT CONTENT OF THE TOPIC. ANNOTATION TECHNIQUE WOULD HELP YOU TO RE-TELL A MORE ACCURATE AND CORRECT FORM OF CONTENT.
(e) MEMORANDUM As we are aware now that topic being narrated has important idea /sentences/words so now making notes is the final task.
- YOU CAN MAKE NOTE OF IMPORTANT OR UNCOMMON WORDS THUS HELPING YOU TO MEMORIZE OR RE-TELL LECTURE.
(f) MASTERING EXAM ANXIETY/ANTICIPATORY ANXIETY While it is completely normal to feel a bit nervous before tests but it is of utmost importance to overcome/ conquer your anxiety because it interferes with your true abilities and disorganizes time management thus leading to declining in performance.
- STAY FOCUSED AND CONCENTRATE ON TEST.
- RELAXATION TECHNIQUES LIKE DEEP BREATHING ARE OF GREAT HELP.
- HAVE A GOOD SLEEP PRIOR NIGHT.
- APPROACH THE EXAM WITH CONFIDENCE.
- TIME MANAGEMENT IS THE KEY TO GOOD GRADES.
- Lastly, it is important to use your hard earned money and valuable time wisely and getting tutored by able and dedicated instructors who can assist you achieve excellent scores in a minimum time frame.
WE HERE AT IELTS and PTE Tutorials, Brisbane Pty. Ltd
ARE COMMITTED TO DELIVER THE BEST